Back to a Bridget influenced activity... I'm a sucker for this stuff anyway. Being picky about what I like, I asked for a good letter. Actually said the letter should not be a lousy one, say X, Q, or U. Well she was kind, and sent me in G-land.
The rules are simple: choose 10 favorite things beginning with a single letter of the alphabet and explain why you like them. The only catch is that the letter is assigned to you by the person who wrote the post you’ve just read.
At first I was struck that this would be challenging, but driving time gave me several points.
So I'm off to G-land - in no particular order...
1. Germany - this really is starting at the beginning. I was a military kid, born in West Germany. Uncle Sam decided I wasn't to stay long enough to learn the language or have my own memories of our time there. I am thankful for all the wonderful pictures and other things my parents have kept from that tour.
2. Gerbera daisy - I adore these wonderful summer flowers. The colors and size are such a joy to see in the garden and a treat to have in a pretty vase at the table.
3. The Great Gatsby - The F. Scott Fitzgerald novel is one of my favorite books, even though I usually am disgusted by all the characters as I read it. The picture I see and enjoy the most is visual of the eyeglass billboard above the road to the city. Always watching but never influencing.
4. Gumdrops - I love my sweets but gumdrops, especially spice gumdrops, are a perennial favorite.
5. Goggles - Swimming is a favorite exercise for me. Keeping my eyes bright and shinny starts with a good pair of goggles. Being asthmatic, running, aerobics, and many other exercise programs result in the need for my inhaler thus aren't really fun.
6. Grapes - A most versatile fruit. I love homemade jelly, jams, and juices. The most wonderful product is a wine. My first taste of wine happened at 11 months old in Germany and ever since have enjoyed sampling many varieties.
7. Grieg - Yes the wonderful music of Edvard Greig. My Nana adored his music and introduced me to it during my summers at their home. Funny to me was that my grandfather has the family line going back to Norway and Sweden.
8. Gazpacho Soup - a perfect meal during the heat of summer. Nana spoiled me with a wonderful homemade soup when ever the temperature made being in the kitchen just too much. I have to start working on my kids to find the enjoyment in the blend of tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, garlic, and seasonings.
9. Glass - it is more then that clear pane in a window or door. I love colored glass, stained glass, even painted glass. Seeing the wonderful patterns and color reflected in a room brings me contentment and joy.
10. Gas - not petroleum but that which comes to all people naturally. Anyone who claims they don't pass gas is lying to the world and themselves. My family enjoys their gas. As young children find great humor is a belch or fart, the giggles flow anytime one of us is basically human.
Now if you too want to join the fun, leave a comment and I'll send you a letter. Maybe you'll find what I think is a lousy letter is one that just gives you so many favorites.