Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rushing the season...

And I'm not happy!

There are already at least 3 houses between the school and our house with Christmas decorations out. Alright last weekend's warm weather probably did encourage some to put up outdoor decorations without the need of gloves.

So I can sort of handle the idea for those who want to support the electric company, but one house actually had their decorations turned on tonight!!!!!! Not just the cute white twinkle lights, but the illuminated candy canes, inflatable Santa, and other lighted decorations all over the front lawn.

I love Thanksgiving. It truly is my favorite holiday basically because there is no pressure for selection perfection. No gifts to buy or make, wrap, and ship across the country just in time. Thanksgiving is just that a day for giving thanks and being with family and friends who are important.

What has this country come to when stores are putting up Christmas holiday decorations the day after Halloween? With the financial mess growing daily - I hope people find their way back to the importance of being thankful for what they have and concerned about those in need in their own neighborhoods.

Join with me and keep Thanksgiving the focus for the next week!

Let Christmas have it's own special place on the calendar! One that doesn't start before the turkey and trimmings!

Thanks from one who refuses to loose the join in Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you on this. Our nearby Walmart had the Christmas stuff out before Halloween. I was disgusted. My husband came home last week saying he was seeing Christmas lights already. Must be nice to be made of money, I thought. We put up Christmas lights, but lets be reasonable!