Wednesday, December 10, 2008

15 days til Christmas

Now many will disagree with me on this "Christmas" movie - but I love Lion in Winter. No it isn't the warm, friendly, and uplifting movie. The entire movie does take place during Eleanor's visit with Henry II, the "boys," and Alyce during Christmas.

Thankfully, my family doesn't have the malevolence and distrust of this royal brood, but I can identify with Eleanor's statement. "Henry, I have a confession. I don't much like our children." I've never found this insulting about family life, but a real statement. Regularly I say that I wouldn't make a good teacher or stay at home mom because sometimes even don't like my children.

This year, I'll be off a couple of days before the kids are out of school so I'll have my time
with the Plantagenets. Then I'll be able to enjoy the holiday time with my kids with all my love, even if I don't like them at a time or two.

No comments: